Being pregnant comes with a lot of emotions you never realized you had.
You’re feeling ALL. THE. THINGS. It’s no wonder you want to know ALL. THE. THINGS. You’re brimming with excitement and anxiety and joy and fear and new emotions that may or may not actually be indigestion.
Inevitably, it all leads to a lot of interneting because it’s next to impossible to not want to research every damn thing that pops into your flighty, worried brain that’s always, always, always on high alert now because you must protect the bébé!!! One moment you’re Googling that weird, new inexplicable sensation in your belly to make sure you’re not about to miscarry. The next you’re Googling if it’s safe to use a microwave. (Note: It is.)
Before you get sucked into the rabbit hole of misinformed (though, often well-intentioned) BS and fear mongering that pollutes the interwebs these days – and before you convince yourself you have a rare condition only 5 other pregnant women throughout the history of time have ever suffered from – get off Google. For reals.
Stick to reputable sources of information. Babycenter.com is a great place to start for both education and community. DrGreene.com and AskDrSears.com are other great resources. Do your searching on sites like those – not Google. And for the love of all that is holy, do not obsess. It will drive you certifiably mad with paranoia and that kind of stress isn’t good for you or your baby. (Sorry, not sorry to give you another thing to worry about. It’s just a fact. Try to be chill, mama.)
Your new mantra: Let (most of it) go.
Baby Size-O-Meter: 8 weeks = a raspberry
Check out our entire pregnancy series that’s all about YOU. Because being pregnant shouldn’t mean losing yourself and just becoming a baby oven ;)
- Unexpected Advice for Your First Month of Pregnancy
- A Cautionary Tale for Month 2 of Pregnancy
- Do This When You're 3 Months Pregnant
- When Pregnancy Cravings Kick in During the 4th Month, Be Aware of Pica
- Tips for Styling Your Bump on a Budget Once You Hit the 5th Month
- A Pregnancy Mantra for Month 6: It's My Preg-Party and I'll Cry If I Want To
- Rule #1 When You're 7 Months Pregnant: You Do You
- If You're 8 Months Pregnant, You Need a Pre-Baby Bucket List
- Your Pregnancy Mantra for Month 9: Breathe In, Breathe Out, & Bring Out Your Bad-A**